|Access the UK Influencer Marketing Leaderboard HERE.|
- May 2020 shows the highest amount of brand mentions by UK influencers on Instagram
- Brand mentions more than doubled from January to May, with a 123% increase
- Pretty little thing, Zara and Asos are three of the most mentioned brands in the UK during Q1 2020
From the beginning of the year up until now, UK influencers have more than doubled the number of brand mentions on Instagram, as reported by the influencer marketing platform Primetag. This form of marketing has undergone exponential growth since the start of the pandemic, according to both public data and national industry professionals.
In light of the UK Influencer Marketing Leaderboard launch, Primetag has analysed the activity of over 30,000 UK influencers and 250.000 posts during the last months on Instagram.
Some highlights of the UK analysis include:
- Instagram brand mentions have more than doubled from January to May 2020, with a 123% increase.
- While January registered 32k mentions by influencers, May shows the highest amount of brand mentions, a staggering 71k.
- From January to May 2020, the UK influencers analysed have registered almost a quarter-million brand mentions (230.9k).
As social media has been the shelter for many during the last months, it has never been easier for brands to reach their target audience via digital channels. The UK Influencer Marketing Leaderboard includes a series of rankings featuring the most mentioned brands across the major national sectors.
The most mentioned brands by UK influencers on Instagram during Q1 2020, across different industries, are, respectively:
- Pretty little things, Zara and Asos, as seen in the Fashion category ranking.
- Huda Beauty, Anastasia Beverly Hills and NARS Cosmetics, as seen in the Beauty category ranking.
- Nike, Adidas and Liverpool FC, as seen in the Sports category ranking.
“40% of the brands mentioned belong to the fashion industry, which remains the biggest part taker in the UK influencer marketing panorama”, claims Primetag’s CMO, Pedro Fernandes.
“Having in consideration the size of the UK Influencer Marketing industry, we believe that analysing a pool of 30k influencers paints an accurate picture of the national landscape. We are confident that Primetag’s leaderboard is a key tool for UK brands willing to benchmark their influence in the market, for free”, says Fernandes, when asked about the Influencer Marketing Leaderboard for UK.
When asked to industry professionals, most attribute the Instagram brand mentions growth to the coronavirus breakdown:
Natalia Cortazar, considered ‘One to Watch’ on Top #Influencer50 by Talking Influence and founder of The Good Egg, has reported to Primetag that: “the breakdown has forced UK brands to redistribute their marketing budgets, from the offline to the online. Cortazar, who holds 8 years of experience in the UK influencer marketing field, alleges that “ever since the breakdown, everyone I have talked to in the influencer marketing business has been extremely busy, due to an unexpected peak of campaign workload”.
About the Influencer Marketing Leaderboard
Primetag has previously launched other international Influencer Marketing Leaderboards, offering a free platform with rankings of the most mentioned brands by national influencers.
The dynamic lists are already available online and free of charge. It includes a general list and 7 unique industry-specific lists, with brands in fashion, beauty, food and beverage, retail, sports, technology and tourism.